Acrimony as the name goes means bitterness or ill-feeling towards someone or something. In this post, i will give you my personal relationship experience and how it relates to the movie “Acrimony.”
Personally, I hate watching movies.
- I’m a person who places much value on time. Watching movies to me seems like a waste of time.
- I place attention and emotions whenever I’m watching a movie; I tend to get disgusted, devastated, and sad, which will most likely ruin the rest of my day.
“I remembered vividly when I watched a movie of a woman who plot an attack with her boyfriend to assassinate her husband; believe me, I was so angry to the point that I couldn’t eat nor talk to anyone throughout the day. I kept pondering in my heart why will a woman even think of killing her own husband despite the love and care just to be with her boyfriend. Why did she marry him in the first place if she never loved him”.
That was how I restricted myself from watching movies to avoid ruining my mood.
After the release of the movie Acrimony, I decided I wasn’t going to watch it, but a friend of mine kept convincing me to watch the movie with reasons…
“I was filled with anger after watching the movie, I was emotionally disappointed.”
Believe me, If you had seen me that day, you would think I was “Melinda”, lol 😉
ACRIMONY reminded me of my NCE days; I was in the 200 level… I fell In love with a guy (Name Undisclosed). At that time, he was 26, and I was 18. He was a very intelligent final-year student from the department of Mathematics Education. One problem was that he never had a source of income; he didn’t even know what to do to produce money for himself.
Throughout the relationship;
- Though he claimed to love me, he never bought me any gift or even surprised me. Yet I didn’t complain.
- I took care of him from the little allowance I got from my parents.
- I remembered very well when he fell so sick, I thought he would die. I was so scared I spent all my savings to get him back on his feet again.
- I renewed his house rent when it expired because he couldn’t afford it.
- I loved him and did everything to make him happy and comfortable.
- I even gave him a job, which he refused bluntly, saying he’s a student and should not work but concentrate on his studies.
Note: He was in his finals or already out of school, just waiting for his clearance.
Until I was tired. Reasons?
- I never had enough money to care for myself and my personal needs.
- He wasn’t showing any sign of appreciation despite everything I do
- I worked and school just to meet expenses, which affected my grade.
Not quite long, we broke up, and he got a good job, went for his NYSC and started living fine… He should be married now, but I never cared anymore.
Funny!!!, isn’t it…..
Back to Acrimony!!
Acrimony explains people’s mistakes in relationships; it is not just a movie. Such things happen for real!! Most times, we do too much in relationships, and one day our partners would tell us that “them no send us” lol.
Also: grow in love, not fall in love.
My analysis of the movie Acrimony
Acrimony is a 2018 American psychological thriller movie that Tyler Perry wrote, produced, and also directed. Taraji P. Henson, Lyriq Bent, and Crystle Stewart are the movie’s stars. It centers on a devoted woman who vows to get vengeance on her ex-husband for life’s wrongs.
- Melinda knew what she was going into before choosing to marry him!! For goodness sake, if she wasn’t in his life, he would have graduated from school and still taken good care of himself while working for his battery.
Anything you decide to do for love, you do @ your own risk.
Also read: Expectations in marriage can make you single
A man who doesn’t have a good place to live, not even a good source of income to boost his career, yet you decided to stay with him.
What were you expecting? Sudden miracle?!!
Don’t be blind to love… Open your eyes!!
More: love is not the success of any relationship
- Marriage is for better, for worse. Since she chose to stay with someone like that, she has to face it and take responsibility.
In life, you’re the only one in charge of the decision you make.
- Robert was really heartless, with no conscience… That woman stayed with you for 18 years… Fed you, clothed you, took your responsibility… She loved you. That was why she was so patient. She didn’t ask for anything in return.
What if the battery never worked out? Will Robert remain jobless forever?? SHE IS A WOMAN, FOR GOODNESS SAKE. WOMEN ARE WEAKER VESSELS!! It’s normal to get tired.
Believe in your man’s dreams; it’ll make things easier for you!!
- Why involve family members in your marital issues,?? One very big mistake lots of people make!!
Also read: letter to the newly married.
- As a woman, you need to fight to keep your home, “that’s your duty”, face it!! No one will do it for you… Bringing a third party to your home destroys it.
- That was the beginning of Melinda’s downfall and failure, despite knowing that her family never liked her husband from the beginning. She could have sought a guidance counsellor for help if she needed someone to talk to. That’s the reason for their existence.
- Anger and unforgiving!! In my previous article, I talked about how to manage anger… Anger is one very serious issue that needs to be addressed!!
Read: a way to express anger without jeopardizing your relationship
Some attitude we possess which is really affecting our relationship, work on yourself!!
Melinda destroyed her home and everything she worked for because of anger and unforgiving!! For goodness sake, he begged you. He is your husband; you should have listened to him rather than paying attention to third parties.
Here are questions to ask yourself before getting married
- She endured the marriage for so long. Why now!! She should have endured to the end; that is the basis for marriage!!
Getting divorced means you have no business with him anymore. Don’t stalk him!!
Move on with your life!!
- Must everything be posted on social media?? ! No doubt social media has been very useful. It has also harmed us and our relationship. Don’t expose your privacy to social media!!
- Perhaps, he still went ahead to inform her of how rich he was by paying her off.
That was the most annoying thing…
- What Is he paying for??…. The time wasted or his joblessness during that period??
You cannot buy time!!
- She was emotionally devastated, depressed, heartbroken, and hurt.
- The same family she runs to now mocks her…
- She lost everything
- She lost herself
- Put yourself in her shoes, how will you feel!!
- She had to revenge…
The home belongs to a woman; when the wind blows and things get tough, learn to fight on your knees…
Thanks for your attention, please drop your review!!
Stay on the know for more updates, follow this page, like and comment!